[jboss-user] [JCA Development] New message: "Re: Standalone JCA: JNDI binding for multiple connection factories..."

Jesper Pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 25 20:41:34 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Standalone JCA: JNDI binding for multiple connection factories...":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528646#528646

Author  : Jesper Pedersen
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen

Message:
> The 1.6 Final Draft November 2009 argues with itself over this:

Nah, 6.5.1.3, 17.5.1.1, 20.6.2, 20.6.3 specifies the implementation requirements for a CF (javax.resource.Referenceable + java.io.Serializable).

The text in 20.6.1 gives a hint to the implementor, that if the +naming server+ doesn't support both mechanisms, one can be used. See the 3 bullets in the section.

> I'm not sure about the unique name part though.

Yes, this has to be designed.

> What is the alias?  Do you mean generically or with something
> like a LinkRef (I've never used that before so not sure how it works
> yet).

Something like,

java:/eis/myresourceadapter --> java:/uniquenamegeneratedbythecontainer

LinkRef or other solutions is an implementation detail, we can worry about once we have the design for the unique names.