[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: BPMN 2.0 Service Task"

David Geary do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 10:13:50 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "BPMN 2.0 Service Task":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528790#528790

Author  : David Geary
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/david_geary

Message:
Thanks for the reply - very useful, but Im still wondering is it in any way possible to wire in collaborating objects to the service task instance eg other service objects, remoting, messaging, database etc - I cant see much use for a standalone class to be constructed unless it comunicates with something else?

Or are these service tasks just supposed to execute some local logic in java eg performing a calculation and return the result? What would be a typical example?

>From what you said would I be correct in assuming there will at some point be support for the expression lanaguage to resolve bean references eg like in the current spring support in jpdl?

Thanks again

Dave