[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: Strange desktop problem: Gnome locks up when I start JBoss5.1GA"

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 7 14:52:55 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Strange desktop problem: Gnome locks up when I start JBoss5.1GA":

http://community.jboss.org/message/518836#518836

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
I am running Fedora 12 with Gnome on my old desktop at work and have not seen this. I am also running JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA with Hotspot JVM 1.6.0_17. What JVM are you running?

If you run top in another terminal, what do you see? I noticed that the java process was using about 200% CPU utilization during JBoss AS startup (I have a dual processor Pentium IV with hyperthreading truend on).