[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "How to reverse engineer tables from multiple schemas?"

Wouter Hartog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 7 17:06:47 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to reverse engineer tables from multiple schemas?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/518862#518862

Author  : Wouter Hartog
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/wouterhartog

Message:
My setup:
- MySQL 5.1
- Seam 2.2
- Jboss Tools 3.0
- Eclipse 3.4.2

I can’t get multiple schemas to reverse engineer. It seems like I can only do one schema at a time, but then my classes are not annotated with a specific schema, so when I would have the same table name in multiple databases, I may have a problem.
What I tried:

-          Removing hibernate.default-catalog property in persistence.xml (I already removed the hibernate.default-schema, since that seemed to confuse MySQL)
-          Leaving out the schema name in the connection-url in the myproject-ds.xml (datasources)
-          Leaving out the schema name in the hibernate.connection.url property in the hibernate.cfg.xml file
In the Hibernate Code Generation Configuration tool (which is a really cool config tool), I added a reveng.xml file that included two schemas, but it still only reverse engineered the one schema.

How can I get tables from multiple schemas to reverse engineer?