[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "another annotation scanner requirement"

Bill Burke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 7 17:14:53 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "another annotation scanner requirement":

http://community.jboss.org/message/518864#518864

Author  : Bill Burke
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/bill.burke@jboss.com

Message:
My first question is, what is the right API to write a deployer that scans annotations?  AnnotationEnvironment?  Or is there a new one coming down the pipe?

Also, I need a new feature.  A query for all classes that implement an interface annotated with a specific annotation.  For example:

@Path("/rest")
public interface MyService {
   @GET
   @Produces("application/json")
   public Customer getCustomer(@PathParam("id") int id);
}

public class MyServiceBean implements MyService {...}

Here I'll need to know that MyServiceBean is implements an interface MyService that is annotated with @Path.  I don't mind doing and contributing this feature, I just need to know where to do the work in.

Thanks.