[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP Development] New message: "Re: ClassPool Refactoring"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 8 05:17:58 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "ClassPool Refactoring":

http://community.jboss.org/message/518912#518912

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:
> Finally, I detected a great deal of calls to ClassPool.get("org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.annotations.DisableAOP"). The calls are being made by org.jboss.annotation.factory.javassist.DefaultValueAnnotationValidator.getDeclaredMethods(Class<?>), and I'm confident that this can be improved somehow (such as caching DisableAOP ctClass). I think improving this will have some impact on the startup time of AS.
We're deprecating this annotation anyway.
But we're replacing it with just the opposite - EnableAOP, so not a lot different from performance perspective.
Kabir, any idea on how to optimize (e.g. cache) this?