[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Re: CPU usage increases daily for JBoss PID, reaches to 100% after 10 days."

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 8 11:26:27 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "CPU usage increases daily for JBoss PID, reaches to 100% after 10 days.":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519005#519005

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
{quote}I doubt that Hashmap is corrupted. the reason is, we are using struts2,{quote} I would be very leery of this statement. Last summer I worked with a customer who was running into stack overflow issues. Turns out they were using a well know open source library (I'll call it lib1) which in turn used another open source library (I'll call it lib2) incorrectly. It turns out that lib2 is not thread safe, yet lib1 was spanning multiple threads, each one using lib2. Issues like this rarely come out during development testing because that is usually single threaded. Not until load testing, or worse in production, when multiple threads are being run do such problems show up.