[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] New message: "Re: CompressingMarshaller causing improper socket closure"

Ron Sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 9 19:31:48 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "CompressingMarshaller causing improper socket closure":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519112#519112

Author  : Ron Sigal
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/ron.sigal@jboss.com

Message:
Hi Ben,

Actually, I *+was+* thinking of "timeout", but it looks like I was on the wrong track.  After a ServerThread processes an invocation, it goes back and tries to read the next invocation, so I figured setting "timeout" would let the ServerThread (1) time out, (2) write an "I've just closed" byte back to the client (which prevents the client from using the unusable connection), and (3) return to the thread pool.  But it looks like (1) ServerThread is getting an EOF when it tries to read the next invocation, and (2) GZipOutputStream won't let it write the "I've just closed" byte.  Oh, well.

But you're right.  "idleTimeout" is another option, if you can get the timing right.

Sharing your indignation,
Ron