[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development POJO Server] New message: "Re: StructureModificationChecker and Synch with VFS3"

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 11 10:53:51 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "StructureModificationChecker and Synch with VFS3":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519307#519307

Author  : Ales Justin
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj

Message:

> With the strategy discussed in this post, does it make sense to have a SynchWrapperModificationChecker?  Are there use cases for still having a the deployment root be periodically synchronized with the the original physical location?
This workaround was introduced due to how JBossWeb works.
e.g.
If you had to create copy -- which we did due to Winz locking crap & resource loading at undeploy - JBW code worked on a copy.
But users of course don't have a clue about that copy (nor should they),
hence they expect when they changed the (exploded) original, the copy needed to reflect those changes.

Dunno how JBW works these days, and I'm not following this descussion in details, to know if/how this still applys.