[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: Wrong project hierarchy with Maven Configuration"

Fabricio Lemos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 11 15:52:20 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Wrong project hierarchy with Maven Configuration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519374#519374

Author  : Fabricio Lemos
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/fabricio.lemos

Message:

Bug report created: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-5656

> > Just another question:
> >
> > The web project is created with <packaging>ear</packaging>
> > instead of <packaging>war</packaging>
> > Did I miss anything again?
>
> Snjezana would be better to answer that - I know she battled for some time to get the proper setup working.

At the M2 Capabilities screen I was setting the Packaging to EAR because I was creating an EAR project, but it seems that the Packaging of that screen is related to the web project (the one created without any suffix). So if I keep the WAR Packaging it is created OK. But I can´t imagine any situation where the web project should not be packaged as a WAR, so I think this field shouldn´t be editable.