[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "Endpoint not registering"

Dave Palmer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 13 16:28:54 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Endpoint  not registering":

http://community.jboss.org/message/519895#519895

Author  : Dave Palmer
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/blinder

Message:
having a bit of a problem getting a web service to work. (using jboss as 5.0.1 ga on mac os x)

i have a simple pojo, with the @WebService annotion, and a very simple method annotated with the @WebMethod annotation. my web.xml simply defines a servlet who's class points to my pojo (as per the specification for jax-ws)

now, when i go to deploy the war, jboss deploys it, but the endpoint is never rigistered, and i never see the console output that the wsdl is being published. my console simply ends with:

16:16:56,507 INFO  TomcatDeployment deploy, ctxPath=/my-war

i've been all over google, but my google-fu is failing me here. i can't seem to figure out what would be preventing jboss from identifying this as a web service.

my implementation class:

import javax.jws.WebMethod;import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebServicepublic class TestService {        @WebMethod    public String echo (String message) {        return "I was told to tell you this: " + message;    }}

my web.xml:

i am most likely doing something dumb, and i'm really tired and blah blah, i just can't see it. so, anyone see what i'm missing?