[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] New message: "Re: Source Location for EJB3 Components"

Andrew Rubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 15 01:11:10 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Source Location for EJB3 Components":

http://community.jboss.org/message/520225#520225

Author  : Andrew Rubinger
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/ALRubinger

Message:
> jaikiran wrote:
>
> I can't seem to understand this one  Can you elaborate? For example, the async component is composed of multiple modules. So are we saying that the individual modules should not depend on anything other than the SPI?

Sure.  In this case ejb3-core is probably the only consumer of ejb3-async.  So it'd depend upon ejb3-async-spi in compile scope, while the test runtime would need ejb3-async-impl as well.  This ensures that components don't rely upon internals; when we need to do refactoring and bug fixes, we can limit the impact.

S,
ALR