[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] New message: "Re: How to configure oracle ds in jboss to support os user"

P F do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 15 03:03:55 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to configure oracle ds in jboss to support os user":

http://community.jboss.org/message/520235#520235

Author  : P F
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/pawfaf

Message:
Yes I saw this article (your 1 link) and I wrote simple java code to check this and it works fine.
(There is one strange thing - you don't need to be logged as the user you want to connect to DB, you can use e.g. -Duser.name=osuser when execute java code and this also works, so if you know username than you can connect to DB - it looks like security issue).

And yes I've tried to remove  <user-name/> and <password/> from ...ds.xml in JBoss but this doesn't work.
I've also tried to add -Duser.name=... parameter to run.bat in JBoss bin but this doesn't change anything.