[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Quartz job on AS5.1 - cluster? How to use custom datasource?"

Dejan Mratinkovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 15 10:43:16 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Quartz job on AS5.1 - cluster? How to use custom datasource?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/520332#520332

Author  : Dejan Mratinkovic
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/dejanmr

Message:
I am using quartz job bysimple annotating class with @ResourceAdapter("quartz-ra.rar").

What is the proper/recommended way to cluster it? I guess it would be good enough to set up custom data source. Can someone point me to manual or similar?

I have found some guidelines how to do so, but they work only for 5.0, can not apply to 5.1. It included modification of ejb3-timer-server.xml which no longer exists.
Official documentation does not have separate 5.1 branch. Where to look for a clue?

Easiest thing for me do to so would be ignoring JБoss quartz and setup one quartz, but I would prefer using embedded solution if it is there already. I guess it is, as it was in previous versions.

Thanks.