[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Job execution exception handling in a JTA environment"

Joel Monkey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 15 18:01:28 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Job execution exception handling in a JTA environment":

http://community.jboss.org/message/520415#520415

Author  : Joel Monkey
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/joel-the-wanna-be-programr

Message:
We have a jBPM workflow that executes custom activities implemented as session EJBs. Upon failure of one of these activities, the enclosing JTA transaction enters into an aborted state.   The {{ExecuteJobCmd}} seems to deal with exeptions by executing a {{JobExecutionHandler}} once the current transaction completes. This sequence is assured by the following:

{code:java}transaction.registerSynchronization(jobExceptionHandler);{code}

Unfortunately, since the JTA transaction has already been marked for rollback, this call fails!

The question is, are we looking at a bug that only appears when using JTA transactions ({{org.jbpm.pvm.internal.tx.StandardTransaction}} doesn't care if the transaction is being aborted.) Or are we not scoping our JTA transactions properly?