[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Problem Signaling a Waiting Execution"

Andy Barreras do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 18 11:43:45 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Problem Signaling a Waiting Execution":

http://community.jboss.org/message/520614#520614

Author  : Andy Barreras
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/FlyNavy

Message:
Hmmm.  Perhaps my understanding of jBPM is flawed.  Here's what I am trying to do:  Every state activity of the process definition represents a piece of external work that needs to be performed.  That is by I have a separate event listener class for each step.  The idea is to kick of the external work within the event listener.  When it's done, I understood that calling executionService.signalExecutionById(executionId); method signals the ProcessEngine to advance the process instance to the next step.  So, in my example, the ProcessEngine halts execution on *Activity1* since it is a state.  I figured that by calling the executionService.signalExecutionById(executionId); method in the event listener for that state signals the ProcessEngine to advance to *Activity2*. Is this not correct?