[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "change timer duedate"

Johan Kumps do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 19 09:37:55 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "change timer duedate":

http://community.jboss.org/message/520829#520829

Author  : Johan Kumps
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/johan.kumps

Message:
Hi,

I will describe my sitation first. We are currently migrating an application on mainframe to a new SOA platform. Currently a table is containing state about business processes. The application is build on top of this table. In the new platform JBpm will be used to manage these long running processes.

A some moment in time we will need to migrate the state on the mainframe towards Jbpm instances. The occording processdefinition contains a timer with a duedate op 30 days. At the moment of conversion the lines in the table can different duedates. So just generating process instances with a duedate of 30 days is not acceptable.

My question is : is it possible to change a timer duedate on a process instance level? I know the duedate is stored in the jbpm4_job table. Is it allowed to change it here? Will the process engine pickup this change correctly?

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,
Johan,