[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] Document updated/added: "JBossIDEJBossASAdapterBasedOnWTP1.5AndEclipse3.2"

Max Andersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 05:12:40 EST 2010

User development,

The document "JBossIDEJBossASAdapterBasedOnWTP1.5AndEclipse3.2", was updated Jan 20, 2010
by Max Andersen.

To view the document, visit:
http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10412#cf

Document:
h2. JbossAS adapter based on WTP1.5 for Eclipse 3.2

Yesterday I've read about http://labs.jboss.com/portal/index.html?ctrl:id=page.default.blog&project=all&from=1&link=New_JBossAS_adapter_for_JBossIDE_based_on_Webtools_1.5#New_JBossAS_adapter_for_JBossIDE_based_on_Webtools_1.5 news entry and couldn't wait to see this myself. So I pulled it from CVS, played around and got it to work.

-
----
h3. Compile from source

* download http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/attach?page=JBossIDE%2FJbossAs-Eclipse-Adapter.psf and import it into a new workspace via File->Import->Team->Team Project Set
* login to CVS via anonymous and no password
* source is automatically pulled
* go to the project "org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.feature" and right click on feature.xml and select PDE Tools->Create Ant Build File
* right click on the generated build.xml and select Run As->Ant Build...
* select additionally to build.update.jar, clean and zip.distribution(and correct the build order: first clean, second build.update.jar, third zip.distribution
* click Run
* extract the resulting zip into your Eclipse3.2 installation directory
* play around, find bugs and file many JIRA issues that we get that asap stable