[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Problem configuring MDB to use HA JNDI"

srinivaas venkat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 05:23:19 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Problem configuring MDB to use HA JNDI":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521013#521013

Author  : srinivaas venkat
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/sv_srinivaas

Message:
Hi, I'm unable to configure MDBs to use HA JNDI.

Environment details: Jboss 5.1.0, EJB3, HornetQ 2.0.0.GA

I'm new to EJB and not sure how to configure MDBs to use HA JNDI in JBoss. I've gone through the JBoss AS documentation on HA JNDI in this URL http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Clustering_Guide/5/html/ch02s02s01s01.html

but still not sure where to make the changes for my MDB to use HA JNDI.,

This is ouur application setup. We have a cluster of two queue nodes A and B. MDB is deployed in node C which is not part of the cluster.

Currently MDB is configured using JCA (ra.xml) to consume messages from node A and everything works fine as expected.

Issue is when the, node A goes down, MDB does not pick messages from nodeB and I read that HA JNDI is the solution for this issue.

Pls help me in configuring MDBs to use HA JNDI so that it can pick messages from any of active nodes in the queue cluster. I'd like to know which XMLs i need to change or if there is any sample code available elsewhere.

Thanks