[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Re: A question about JVM activ thread count"

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 11:03:52 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "A question about JVM activ thread count":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521131#521131

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
Without knowing how that tool calculates the active thread count, and without knowing what is going on in the application server at that time, I am afraid I cannot help you.

You might try taking a thread dump (or several spaced a few seconds apart) and look at those dumps to see if they tell you anything. Identifying the "active" threads is always the key - perhaps you have some errant piece of code the spawns threads and that code gets into a loop?