[jboss-user] [JBoss AS Documentation] New message: "Re: JBoss 4.0.5.GA libraries"

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 17:20:56 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBoss 4.0.5.GA libraries":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521229#521229

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
*"I know about manifests, but most of them are not really helpfull. "*

I seem to recall this being hte case with the 4.0.x versions. The later versions seems to be better about this.

*" Also, a lot of the libs that I now know versions of, can't be found in any maven repository I know of..."*

I have never understood why the main Maven repository was set up the way it was. You would think that they would have used package names as the group.id, which owuld make things very easy to find.

While it won't help you with 4.0.x, some of the more recent stuff can be found in the repository at http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/. A search for "Maven" in the JBoss wiki will yield more info.