[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: Pluggable dependency resolver"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 21 09:02:52 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Pluggable dependency resolver":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521416#521416

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
Looking at supporting contextual injection in the indexing dependency resolver, I've stumbled upon an issue. The basic idea is simple, record which contexts depend on a given Class. When installing a context, check which contexts depend on it (and its superclasses + interfaces) and increment those.

The problem is how to know the class of the context being installed?
* KernelControllerContext.getBeanInfo() - do we want to require it to be a KCC?
* ControllerContext.getTarget() - will not be valid until INSTANTIATED, but then again it probably does not make sense to have contextual injection with a lesser state, although I am not sure this is checked anywhere.