[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] New message: "Re: Undemanding Dependencies"

David Lloyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 21 13:15:33 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Undemanding Dependencies":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521523#521523

Author  : David Lloyd
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/david.lloyd@jboss.com

Message:
The twist here is that A is installed sometime after B and cannot access B's metadata.  Also there may be lots of As all installed at different times, each depending on B but not requiring it to start.

It seems like there should be another controller mode which means "automatic but does not demand dependencies".  It's not really a circular dependency, in principle at least, as B doesn't know or care about its  A dependencies really, other than in the regular dependency graph sense i.e. "I've started up, now all my dependents may start".