[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] New message: "Re: Undemanding Dependencies"

Adrian Brock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 21 13:44:48 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Undemanding Dependencies":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521537#521537

Author  : Adrian Brock
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/adrian@jboss.org

Message:
david.lloyd at jboss.com wrote:>
> It seems like there should be another controller mode which means "automatic but does not demand dependencies".  It's not really a circular dependency, in principle at least, as B doesn't know or care about its  A dependencies really, other than in the regular dependency graph sense i.e. "I've started up, now all my dependents may start".
I don't know if it would be a new controller mode?
You mean something like:

<bean name="A" mode="On Demand Transitive">
<bean>

<bean name="B" mode="On Demand"/>

Which would have the semantic of starting A when all its dependencies have started, i.e. B in this case.