[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] New message: "Re: Undemanding Dependencies"

David Lloyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 21 13:58:09 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Undemanding Dependencies":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521547#521547

Author  : David Lloyd
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/david.lloyd@jboss.com

Message:
> mailto:adrian at jboss.org wrote:
>
> Ok, then another way might be:
>
> <bean name="A1" mode="On Demand">
>    <incallback property="b"/>
> <bean>
>
> <bean name="A2" mode="On Demand">
>    <incallback property="b"/>
> <bean>
>
> <bean name="B" mode="On Demand"/>
>
> But the CallbackDependencyItem also overrides
> resolve(Controller)
> and so doesn't do the enableOnDemand()
>
> What the above should do, is that when B gets
> installed, all the beans that want an instance of that
> class get enabled with their setB() method invoked.

Replying to the first post last... perhaps I can work around this by creating a subclass of CallbackDependencyItem since I'm building this up programmatically anyway?

I might give that a go...