[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Spring Modules and jBPM 3.2.X"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 21 17:16:04 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Spring Modules and jBPM 3.2.X":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521574#521574

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:

> Is there any decent Spring support for versions of jBPM 3 higher than 3.1 ?

No

> I read a good tutorial on the use of Spring Module classes such as JBPMTemplate, JBPMCallback, etc but I'm now hearing reports that later versions of jBPM 3 are not compatible.

Correct, some things work, but not everything (hence my 'no' on the 'decent' suppport. otoh, decent could be read as 'good enough' in that case you could give it a try and accept the things that do not work or where you have to create workarounds.
.

> Does anyone know if there are plans to address this incompatibility

Yes I do know that

>  either by Spring or JBoss ?

No there won't be. All effort by JBoss went into spring support for jBPM 4. Supprt for 3 was done by external people and under the Spring umbrella. for 4 JBoss wanted to be in control.

Ronald