[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Some questions and feedback from beginner"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 23 15:11:30 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Some questions and feedback from beginner":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521893#521893

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
Now I think of it, the BPMN2 spec is not publicly available (yet)... So testing while using it is currently maybe what is max doable.

Regarding running on multiple systems, even with BPEL engines themselves processes were only limited portable due to custom extensions.

And it will not be better with BPMN2, just look at the jBPM docs for BPMN (in the dev guide) and you'll see that the 'java' service task and how task assign assignment is done is 'proprietary'. Not that we want it to be that way, it is just not in the spec... So I'd not get my hopes up to high

Ronald