[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] New message: "Jboss Cache clustering in standalone mode"

Taran Sodhi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 24 12:50:15 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Jboss Cache clustering in standalone mode":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521936#521936

Author  : Taran Sodhi
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/dony908

Message:
Hi All,
I have my cache application in standalone mode outside Jboss using cache version caynene, I have to 2 unix boxes where I want to start one instance of the cache application. Now, I want these two to join these two cache instance to join the same cluster, so that they can replicate. Can I do that with out using JBoss cluster, using some configuration files and required binaries like jgroups?
Also, I have 2 instances of JBoss EAP 5.0 running on these unix boxes started in clustering mode. But the cache application as stated above is hosted outside the JBoss. Do I need yo use the JBoss servers and their cluster to get these two standalone caches yo replicate in same cluster?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Taran S.