[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Some questions and feedback from beginner"

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 25 11:39:51 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Some questions and feedback from beginner":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522116#522116

Author  : Maciej Swiderski
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej

Message:
I found beta release of the spec so at least something to start with.

Isn't that true that jPDL is a kind of BPEL?! In fact it instructs the engine what needs to be done and when.

I was wondering if there is how should it be understood - since BPMN is language independent, there is no item like java or sql, hql, etc. I found this a bit confusing from business export point of view. I was investigating possible usage of jbpmeditor web application for business user point of view and the first comment I got was what is java element on the diagram. Isn't that more of interest for developers that will implement the process and not subject matter experts that do create processes?

I found the answer for my question number 1 - it is possible to start the process that requires variables from console. It needs to have a form attached to start node. As simple as that .