[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: jBPM 4.3 - Will cause memory leaks due to unclosed InitialContext()"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 25 13:21:43 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "jBPM 4.3 - Will cause memory leaks due to unclosed InitialContext()":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522139#522139

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
I still would like to see if it is realy a problem. I agree that you should close a context if you use a *remote* one, or a specially created one with properties, but in case you use the *default platform one* it might cause problems.

And the one mentioned in http://community.jboss.org/thread/147161?tstart=0 is used in a static method. What is the difference using

InitialContext initialContext = new InitialContext()
initialContext.lookup(....)

In a static method and using

InitialContext.doLookup(...)

Which internally does (not surprisingly)

return new InitialContext().lookup(....)

You cannot even close it then... So...

Yet, I'm not an expert in this area....