[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] New message: "Re: Name lookup fails, reason unknown"

Timothy Mowlem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 25 13:54:19 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Name lookup fails, reason unknown":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522148#522148

Author  : Timothy Mowlem
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jvm

Message:
Hello Peter,

Wow quick response. Thank you.

I am contracting with a client and so client confidentiality prevents me from posting actual code or details of the app but I will try and generalize by using:

<myapp> = name of the ear file, e.g. aaa for aaa.ear
<myfacade> = class name of remote interface class
<package> = java package

I have transcribed these for the actual output below.

(A) console output

I see the following output suggesting that maybe JNDI is binding the bean where I think:

17:25:50,129 INFO  [SessionSpecContainer] Starting jboss.j2ee:ear=myapp.ear,jar=beans.jar,name=myfacade,service=EJB3
17:25:50,130 INFO  [EJBContainer] STARTED EJB: <package>.myfacadeRemoteBean ejbName: myfacade
17:25:50,159 INFO  [JndiSessionRegistrarBase] Binding the following Entries in Global JNDI:

 myapp/myfacade/remote - EJB3.x Default Remote Business Interface
 myapp/myfacade/remote-<package>.myfacade - EJB3.x Remote Business Interface

(B) JNDIView global namespace shows

I see:

myfacade (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
+-   remote (class: Proxy for: package.interfaces.myfacade)
+-   remote-package.interfaces.myfacade (class: Proxy for: package.interfaces.myfacade)

(C) Code

I think that the name being looked up is correct. The name being looked up is "<myapp>/<myfacade>/remote"

Looking in the Reference object that is returned I see:

Reference Class Name: Proxy for: <package>.interfaces.myfacade
Type: ProxyFactoryKey
Content: ProxyFactory/myapp/myfacade/myapp/myfacade/remote
Type: EJB Container Name
Content: jboss.j2ee:ear=myapp.ear,jar=beans.jar,name=myfacade,service=EJB3
Type: Proxy Factory is Local
Content: false
Type: Remote Business Interface
Content: <package>.interfaces.myfacade
Type: Remoting Host URL
Content: socket://127.0.0.1:3873/

(D) There are two other things I should mention:

(1) The remote interface class extends all of the other bean interfaces so it is a super remote to all of the other bean interfaces.
The corresponding bean implementation class has a set of:

 @EJB(beanName=<a name>)
 private xyzManager xyzSession;

(2) The console log showed a warning:

17:25:51,445 INFO  [Ejb3Configuration] Processing PersistenceUnitInfo [
 name: myapp
 ...]
17:25:51,680 WARN  [Ejb3Configuration] Persistence provider caller does not implement the EJB3 spec correctly. PersistenceUnitInfo.getNewTempClassLoader() is null.

Thank you.