[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] New message: "Re: Name lookup fails, reason unknown"

Timothy Mowlem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 26 07:00:37 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Name lookup fails, reason unknown":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522273#522273

Author  : Timothy Mowlem
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jvm

Message:
Peter,

I have pursued some investigation of whether it is a ClassLoader issue having read some other posts and linked pages. The full definition for the identity of a class is the combination of class loader + FQDN of the class.

(1) Display class info for a bean

I tried running http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=inspectMBean&name=JMImplementation%3Aservice%3DLoaderRepository%2Cname%3DDefault

and doing a lookup of class info for MyFacade which gave:

MyFacade Information
Not loaded in repository cache

The context here was fixing a ClassCast due to the fact that classloaders were different when multiple instances of a class are present in the AS. You then two multiple entries when looking up class info. Presumably you expect a single entry for the class but I don't see any entry. Not sure if this is significant?

(2) Dump classloader names

I ran the client again and printed out the classloaders for returned object from the lookup.

Returned object from lookup:
classloader was null (which some implementations return to signify the bootstrap classloader)

Client interface being cast to (myFacade):
classloader was sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@<hex addr>

So this looks like it could be the problem?

Not sure whether this is a red herring and how to fix it?