[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Process definition deployment"

Martin Porter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 27 07:09:48 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Process definition deployment":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522489#522489

Author  : Martin Porter
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jedizippy

Message:
Hi,

Be aware we came across some issues this week with versioned deployments. We have an EJB that does the deployments but we ran into issues if there were versions already deployed with the same version number. The deployer would correctly throw an exception if it encountered an existing process with the version you are trying to deploy but we were calling the deployer in a for loop for each process. In this case if a newer version of the processe did not exist in the DB the deployer would report success but not actually update the DB (presumably due to the exceptions on the processes which already had the latest versions deployed).

As we didnt have time to look into it we changed the EJB to deploy one process in the ejb method and then call that method for each process which solved the issue. Something to be aware of !.

Cheers
Martin