[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] New message: "Re: withincode from JUnit test not working"

Flavia Rainone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 28 11:20:03 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "withincode from JUnit test not working":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522805#522805

Author  : Flavia Rainone
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/flavia.rainone@jboss.com

Message:
> nizzy wrote:
>
> In the past I have been able to use the call and withincode combination, however the java class defined in the withincode was not a JUnit test.
How about other calls that match the call pointcut (without within/withincode)? Calls made from other points of your code should be intercepted.

If there isn't such a call, I would replace your call in the test class:

public class MyTest extends TestCase{

 public void testSomething()
  {
     pojo.call();
  }
}

By something like this:

public class MyTest extends TestCase
{

   public void testSomething()
   {
       Caller.call();
   }
}

public Caller
{
   public static void call()
   {
     pojo.call();
   }
}

I.e., I would move that call to another class, and see if JBoss AOP intercepts it. If it doesn't, it definitely has nothing to do with being inside a test class. And, since we have tests for all pointcut types, I would guess that the problem is somewhere else in that case.