[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "MTOM with top-down web service?"

Martin Sarabura do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 28 14:04:13 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "MTOM with top-down web service?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522843#522843

Author  : Martin Sarabura
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/steeqs4

Message:
I have a top-down web service (generate java interface from the wsdl) for which I want to use MTOM.
I use jboss wsconsume to create the interface and then I compile my implementation against it.
But when I deploy the .war file to JBoss 5.1 GA and request the wsdl at http://localhost:<port>/<relativeurl>?wsdl it does not contain any declarations related to MTOM. My understanding is that it should contain a policy declaration and a binding, like in this posting: http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=363499
but I see nothing in the wsdl. And when I point soapUI at the interface it does not create a multi-part message - the attachment is sent inline with the message.

I tried adding the mtom policy/binding to my original wsdl.
I tried adding
@javax.xml.ws.BindingType(value = "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/http?mtom=true")
to the header of my implementation and interface classes.
I even tried adding an EndpointConfig directive to the header of my implementation.

Nothing seems to work.

Any recommendations?