[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Re: Call by value vs. call by reference"

Arbi Sookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 28 18:30:42 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Call by value vs. call by reference":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522891#522891

Author  : Arbi Sookazian
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/asookazian

Message:
There is a EJBDeployer MBean I see in the JMX console.  The value for CallByValue is false.

So I'm assuming all EJB calls for all apps are call-by-reference semantics?  How do you configure call-by-reference on an app level (i.e. some apps call-by-value and some call-by-reference)?

What is the approx. performance benefit of doing this (we're skipping the marshalling/unmarshalling now)?