[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: EJB3 slower than EJB2"

Andrew Rubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 31 12:34:52 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "EJB3 slower than EJB2":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523208#523208

Author  : Andrew Rubinger
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/ALRubinger

Message:
> ekric wrote:
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Is there a chance for me to test that new implementation?
>
> I'm at the moment working on my bachelor thesis: Migrating from EJB2 to EJB3.
>
> At this point of my testing work it's hard to explain why EJB3 is slower, while we thought it should be faster.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thank you very much.

Unfortunately we don't yet have this in place to test.  Requires some more discussion, work/coding, then integration.

As a general issue though:

What would lead you to conclude that EJB3 is necessarily faster than EJB2?  They're different specification versions of a programming model, and speed is a function of the underlying implementation.  In many scenarios we've found that our EJB3 implementation is faster than in previous versions, and we work to improve this as time goes on.  This case here is clearly slower, but that's not a function of the programming model itself.

S,
ALR