[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: JBPM 4.3 EL cannot read process property with null value"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 31 14:15:05 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBPM 4.3 EL cannot read process property with null value":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523219#523219

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
In your test I see no test for this. In fact, the difference between a non-existent variable and one with the value of 'null' is none when retrieving from java. The executionService.getVariable(pi.getId(), "NoneExistentVariable") returns null as well, so null is seen by jBPM as 'none existent'. That is basically the bottom line. I'll try to find out more.So it is not that retrieving the value of a variable with null succeeds ;-)

Regarding your test, you can even reduce more. if you use the deployment method in JbpmTestCase, the teardown of the super class does the undeploy automagicallly. And there are also interesting additional assertions.