[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Multi-threaded process execution?

Chris Toomey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 1 15:55:47 EDT 2010

Chris Toomey [http://community.jboss.org/people/cntoomey] created the discussion

"Multi-threaded process execution?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/550680#550680

Has anybody implemented extensions to support multi-threaded process execution of fully-automated (no human tasks) workflows?
I'm looking at using jbpm for executing such workflows in a web application, and for performance need to be able to execute parallel branches concurrently in separate threads.  The nodes in the workflows would be Java modules that execute computational or data-gathering tasks.

I've got some rough ideas on how to do it, but am hoping someone's already done it or at least spent some time thinking though how best to do it.

thx,
Chris