[jboss-user] [JCA] - XA Recovery

Ben Ritchie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 5 03:39:56 EDT 2010

Ben Ritchie [http://community.jboss.org/people/BenR] replied to the discussion

"XA Recovery"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/550973#550973

> Jesper Pedersen wrote:
>
> Did you set it up ?  http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossTSRecoveryInAS http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossTSRecoveryInAS
>
> Otherwise try and the latest SVN snapshot of AS/trunk - its done automatically there -  http://community.jboss.org/wiki/XARecoveryinJCA http://community.jboss.org/wiki/XARecoveryinJCA

The honest answer is that i'm not sure if it's setup correctly - i'd read that link, but it states "This article applies to JBossAS 4.2 and EAP versions based on is (EAP 4.2, 4.3)" and, as i'm on 5.1, I wasn't certain if it was still relevant. I consistently hit a HeuristicMixed exception on failure in 4.2, so had given up on that and moved to 5.1

I'd also read  http://community.jboss.org/wiki/XARecoveryinJCA http://community.jboss.org/wiki/XARecoveryinJCA

too, but again was uncertain of the relevance. In particular, it's talking about outbound JCA recovery (via a MCF) whereas i'm looking at inbound recovery (via the ResourceAdapter.getXAResouces(...) call) and from the perspective of an application writer I can't directly do anything with a org.jboss.tm.XAResourceRecovery as the WMQ resource adapter is providing the XAResource implementation.

I've spent a day or so (on and off) wrestling with the docs to try and understand what needs doing. I'm coming from the perspective of a JEE application developer here checking application portability (this is also running in WAS, Geronimo and Glassfish) and it came as something of a surprise that this might not work 'out of the box'. Indeed, my experiences largely match

 http://management-platform.blogspot.com/2008/11/transaction-recovery-in-jbossas.html http://management-platform.blogspot.com/2008/11/transaction-recovery-in-jbossas.html

so i'm trying to understand what I can (and can't) do here. For legal reasons I can't look at the source code, so i'm reliant on the docs.

Start a new discussion in JCA at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]