[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Calling a Spring bean inside the JPDL

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 6 02:28:29 EDT 2010

Maciej Swiderski [http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] replied to the discussion

"Calling a Spring bean inside the JPDL"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/551135#551135

You have two options if it comes to java activity:
1. provide on runtime an instance which shall be used to invoke defined method

  <java name="shake hand" expr="#{hand}" method="shake" var="hand">
    <transition to="wait" />
  </java>

this will result in following code being executed: #{hand.shake()}

2. provide a class and method to be invoked that accepts argument given on runtime

  <java name="shake \class="my.class.name" hand" method="shake" var="hand">
    <transition to="wait" />
  </java>

this will result in execution of my.class.name.shake(MyObject hand).

For more details about java activity plase take a look at user guide.

HTH