[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - 'Could not find default Drools runtime' error in Eclipse

Matthew Robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 10 21:03:46 EDT 2010

Matthew Robinson [http://community.jboss.org/people/mrobin21] created the discussion

"'Could not find default Drools runtime' error in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/552052#552052

Hello.

I have a Struts project in Eclipse shared amongst some developers using CVS.  Suddenly quite recently after a CVS update, my local copy of the project started throwing 'Could not find default Drools runtime' errors.

We don't use Drools in our project, but one of the developers may have accidentally clicked on the 'Convert to a Drools Project' option in the project context dropdown menu (he doesn't know for sure).

How can I get rid of this error without having to create and configure a dummy Drools environment?  I know nothing of Drools or creating such environments and ideally I would like to just reverse whatever happened to my project to cause this error.

Thanks.