[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jbpm 4.3 - org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update

Prachi M do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 15 10:01:06 EDT 2010

Prachi M [http://community.jboss.org/people/mukh.prac] replied to the discussion

"jbpm 4.3 - org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/552798#552798

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing the information. I am facing exactly similar issues while dealing with jBPM 4.3 JobExecutor and asynchronous calls.
I am using HSQL DB and would be switching to DB2 in a day or two.

Could you please share any workarounds / solutions you used (e.g updating execution.hbm file etc.) to overcome the problem.
I am facing various kinds of Hibernate issues, some of them being:
ConstraintViolationException
StaleObjectStateException
Could not execute JDBC Batch update, etc.

Some steps I have already tried out:
Update the jbpm.cfg.xml file by adding jta and hiberate related mapping files.
Using continue  = sync, async / exclusivre, but all options throw the same error.

Please help me on the same. Its needed on urgent basis.

Many thanks in advance,
Prachi