[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss Supported Java Standards

Richard Lok do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 22 17:24:34 EDT 2010

Richard Lok [http://community.jboss.org/people/thelok617] created the discussion

"JBoss Supported Java Standards"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/554032#554032

Hi guys,

Quick clarification - I am researching what Java standards JBoss supports. I am confused by the following statements on JBoss and Sun's sites that I found, as an example:

"JNDI is a standard Java API that is bundled with JDK1.3 and higher"
"RMI over IIOP is available with the download of the Java 2 platform, Standard Edition, version 1.3 and 1.4."
"JAXP Standard - Now implemented via Java SE"

Does this mean if I use any JVM to run JBoss, and if I use a Java EE 5 certified version of JBoss Application Server, that JBoss is guaranteed to support those standards? I know JBoss provides functionality for JNDI, RMI, JAXP, etc but I don't see any clear documentation that says JBoss definitely support those standards in their entirety.

Thanks.