[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBoss 5.1 Messaging is not backward compatible

Sudhakar Pandey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 24 02:30:16 EDT 2010

Sudhakar Pandey [http://community.jboss.org/people/spandey1982] created the discussion

"JBoss 5.1 Messaging  is not backward compatible"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/554243#554243

With my client program, I tested following scenarios:
1. Messaging Client 5.1 and Messaging Server 4.2.3

Result: failed with java.io.InvalidClassException: org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.DelegateSupport; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 8005108339439737469, local class serialVersionUID = -1362079381836473747

1. Messaging Client 1.0.1 SP4 and Messaging 5.1

Result: failed with java.io.InvalidClassException: org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.DelegateSupport; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID …

Looks like Messaging libraries that comes by default with JBoss 5.1 is not backward compatible.

Regards,
Sudhakar

*PS: All above testing was done using standalone client program. If someone suspects the test environment than let me know.*

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]