[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - How to suppress "Server Credentials required" screen in Eclipse

Antoine Herzog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 24 03:20:23 EDT 2010

Antoine Herzog [http://community.jboss.org/people/Antoine_h] replied to the discussion

"How to suppress "Server Credentials required" screen in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/554248#554248

Hello,

this is not a topic about JBoss Portal : better see in the forum of JBoss Tools...

what it seems, is that the run of the server inside Eclipse is not finding the credential.
search option are :
 - are the config of the jboss server proper : check how is doing the run.bat file (with some "echo" comments in it).
 - check that the proper JRE is used to start the server (Java 5, java 6,...). "jboss community 5.0" is better with Java 6... see the release note and readme files in the root folder of the download.
 - check if Eclipse is starting the server with a different JVM, and how
 - check if the credential are obtained by network call and that eclipse allow the connection (proper host, proper port access)

another way is to start the server on it's own, and then ask the debugger to plug into it.
I am not sure it is possible, but it seems to, from what I have seen of the configuration options in eclipse (servers>launching options)

hope it helps,
Antoine
JBoss Portal and GateIn (JSR-286), JSF, Richfaces, J2EE, Drools, BRMS.
 http:// http://www.sysemo.com/Sysemo-expertise-portails-jboss-portal.php

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]