[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - [JBoss 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT] Possible to switch to JBossWS Metro stack?

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 29 13:50:03 EDT 2010

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"[JBoss 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT] Possible to switch to JBossWS Metro stack?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/555060#555060

> I'm currently porting a JEE6 based application from Glassfish v3 to JBoss 6.0 SNAPSHOT. Being originally developed on Glassfish my web services have been built for the Metro stack, while JBoss 6 is shipped with the JBossWS CXF stack.
>
> Now the JBossWS documentation seems to imply that by using JBossWS a developer is free to switch between JBossWS native, JBossWS CXF and JBossWS Metro. Is this actually true fro JBoss 6? If so, what do I have to do to make it happen?
Yes, you can deploy the jbossws-metro stack on the application server if you want to. Given you're using the current trunk, also checkout jbossws-metro trunk, install it (see  http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-BuildingFromSource http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-BuildingFromSource ) and you should be ok.
Generally speaking, the jbossws releases come in 3 different flavours (cxf, native and metro stacks). Installing one of them replace the stack currently available on the target application server.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]