[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - About JBoss5 classloader

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 30 03:55:54 EDT 2010

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] replied to the discussion

"About JBoss5 classloader"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/555128#555128

> But this doesn't explain why NoClassDefFoundError happens.
OK, I see your problem.
The reason why B is not found in A is b/c of the way we deploy deployers/ vs. deploy.
ProfileService in AS, deploys different parts of AS libs in different phases.

(1) bootstrap phase -- conf/bootstrap/ dir
(2) deployers/
(3) deploy/

So, at the time your A class in deployers/a.jar is deployed, B class in deploy/b.jar is not yet deployed,
hence no matching classloader.
If you would lazy load A, only checking B when you know it's gonna be available, it would be OK.
> When is contextClassLoader of current thread set in JBoss5?
Different sub-systems set if differently.
If you're asking about deployes/VDF, then the answer is DeployerWrapper class.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]