[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - AbstractRealDeployerWithInput fails to call undeploy() on deployer, for failed deployments

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 30 11:34:16 EDT 2010

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] replied to the discussion

"AbstractRealDeployerWithInput fails to call undeploy() on deployer, for failed deployments"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/555213#555213

> Consider this:deploy()
> {
>   doMyWork();
>
>   callThirdPartyCodeWhichCanEndUpThrowingThrowableOrRunTimeException();
> }
>

> Surely, my deployer/visitor isn't expected to catch Throwable and cleanup whatever I did in doMyWork(), or is it?
Sure it is.
How on earth should I know what a "revert-doMyWork()" looks like? ;-)

It should be then

deploy()
{
  doMyWork();

  try {
     callThirdPartyCodeWhichCanEndUpThrowingThrowableOrRunTimeException();
  } catch (E e) {
       revertDoMyWork();
  }
}

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]