[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Jboss-Ibatis-Spring-Oracle Class Cast Exception

Rizwan P do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 3 08:04:28 EDT 2010

Rizwan P [http://community.jboss.org/people/RizwanP] created the discussion

"Jboss-Ibatis-Spring-Oracle Class Cast Exception"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/546032#546032

Hi All,

Currently I deployed my application as a webapplication on jboss.

I am using the Spring-Ibatis DAO layer for communicating with the Oracle database.

If I used the database connection without creating datasource with the help of SqlMapConfig file it gives me proper values and my applicaiton works.

But, If i used the dataSource creation approach i am facing the problem of class cast exception. Providing the stack trace for more reference.

Caused by: com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:

--- Check The accountParams
--- Check the parameter mapping for 'names' property.
--- Cause: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.jdk6.WrappedConnectionJDK6 cannot be cast to oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue for retrieving the connection of Oracle type for above problem? :-/

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]